Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The First Month

Well, it's been a little over a month and I can't say a whole lot has changed- except our utilities have gone WAY down since both of us are gone during the day ( a huge plus!)

We spent pretty much every weekend the first month doing M1 stuff, which has been interesting. I think he has a pretty good group of people in his class. I definitely don't get the drama vibe from his class- nerdy? yes. Drama? not so much. Maybe it's still too early for that. The girls I've met so far are really sweet. We haven't found any dating couples in our position. Either people are married and never show up for events or single and out all the time. Since we don't fit into either, we generally pregame with the med school, then head home or hang out with our friends from high school.

I had my first feeling of weirdness- I was reading Robert's syllabus for his physical exam lab (chest up-nothing invasive) and they are paired with partners for the semester. The dress code is gym shorts for guys and either a bikini or gym shorts and a sports bra for girls. SERIOUSLY? Make me gag. Robert might have to do physicals on his girl CLASSMATES in bikinis? That's not awkward at all. I get exams on random people, but classmates? weird. I lucked out and he got paired with a guy.

Overall things are good, the apartment is starting to come together. I really want a new couch set...and we're talking about a new tv. We'll see if it happens or not. My guess is not but maybe I'll have it within a year or so.

We're going to our first doctor dinner next weekend. Some Emory doctor invited over to his house for a dinner with some of his colleagues. Should be fun- I'm looking forward to it.

xoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Callie, thanks for following my blog. Has it been a sort of therapy for you, as it has for me? About the dress code... it's the same for my MS1, too! Except not the bikinis, that seems extreme. It's not like the guys have to wear speedos! Is Robert going to an MD or DO school? I look forward to following your blog. It definitely helps to know I'm not the only one out there :)

Katie

Callie said...

Thanks for following me as well! I've been so busy at work I've been so crappy about updating this thing. It IS comforting knowing that there are so many other girls doing this too. I think this is probably as easy as it gets. I think it will help SO much when he gets into his last few years/residency when we're all alone! :(

Robert is getting an MD at Emory. What about your boyfriend? Are you guys engaged yet?
Callie

Post a Comment