Friday, March 11, 2011

Taking the Uggs out of hiding

It's cold again! After several weeks of absolutely AMAZING weather, it's back in the 30's today. Bummer!

Really good news: Robert did very well on his boards
Other really good news: he was elected class president 2 weeks ago.

Two wonderful things that he completely deserves that will hopefully be big perks when he applies for residency. I couldn't be more proud of him. He works harder than anyone I know...it's a gift, really. I've never met anyone else in my life with so much determination and focus. AND stamina. I don't think I could sit in one room for 3 months, 12 hours a day and read. I just was not cut out for it, but I'm thankful there are people that can. And that those people can help others.

The first week of February (the week after boards) we spent the week in Costa Rica with 19 friends and family that are somehow connected to Roberts aunt and my mom. My dad had to bail 2 days before because of something that came up at the law school that he needed to be a part of. It was such an incredible week. For one, we were in paradise. And for another, it was so wonderful getting to spend time with Robert's extended family. We've a pretty decent amount of time together before, but vacationing with people is completely different. We had an absolute BLAST. Robert's aunt Ann chose the people for the trip very carefully so we would have the best group possible...and we did. Probably one of the best weeks of my life.



Work is going well but it's insanely busy. One of my bands broke up, which is always hard, even if you know it's for the best. It's just really hard to close a chapter of something that so much of your love, passion and energy went to. Fortunately, some of the members are still actively a part of the Alliance family so I get to talk to them and work with them on a daily basis.

For the first time, I'm finally feeling like a working adult. For some reason I've always felt like an intern. Not because of how anyone else is treating me, but because of me trying to remember that I am on staff here and getting paid. Being an intern for 4+ years and then transitioning to the "real world" is a really weird thing mentally. After almost 2 years of being here, I think I've finally started to define myself and it's such a good feeling. Very challenging, but it feels great. As more time passes, I hope more and more that Robert and I are able to stay in Atlanta. BUT, I know that's not in my control.

My parents have been in Australia visiting Kristen for the past 2 weeks. I miss them a ton. We're keeping Rex right now so he doesn't get lonely. OH and the biggest change of all since my last post- we had to put Gonzo (my beloved cat and first pet) down about 2 weeks ago today. Nothing could have prepared me for how hard that would be...on all of us. He was the first pet our family had as a baby and he was a bundle of life so there is definitely something missing in our family now.

Back to work.
xoxo
Cals

0 comments:

Post a Comment